Photo

.444 Hornady LeveRevolution/Handi Rifle results on deer?????

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 LSU

Posted 03 December 2011 - 03:13 PM

The buck I killed this morning, DIDN'T BLEED A SINGLE DROP!!! No blood from mouth or nose, no exit wound, NO BLOOD FROM ENTRANCE HOLE!!! He only went about 25 yards, though .. :)

Anyone else have result info with the Hornady ammo?
GEAUX TIGERS!!!

http://www.facebook.com/4Parajax

#2 lugnutzz

Posted 03 December 2011 - 08:15 PM

My doe didnt move. She dropped in,her tracks. High shoulder shot exit through neck. .444 with 265gr. She didnt bleed much either but it broke her neck.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk
~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

Ric M.

#3 Mojo

Posted 04 December 2011 - 06:33 AM

The buck I killed this morning, DIDN'T BLEED A SINGLE DROP!!! No blood from mouth or nose, no exit wound, NO BLOOD FROM ENTRANCE HOLE!!! He only went about 25 yards, though ..

I will let you know this week! :) plan to mow some down

#4 Rees Guide

Posted 04 December 2011 - 06:43 AM

We have only had one to leave where it was standing and it didnt bleed much either, only went about 50 yards or so tho.

#5 BeardsAndBones

Posted 04 December 2011 - 07:35 AM

I shot a fair size buck(155lbs) last year with my 45-70 tight behind the shoulder and a blind man could have followed the blood trail. They were 325gr Revolution in a Handy Rifel. You could almost see through the hole. I cannot see why a 444 would not do as good, it should do better I would think.. Where did you hit him??
When you are in a difficult situation and wonder where God is. Remember that the Teacher is always quiet during the test.

#6 WiLL B

Posted 04 December 2011 - 09:19 AM

I have shot several bucks with my 444 Handi Rifle with the Leverrevolutions and they left great short blood trails or piled them up. They were all broadside and hit well. In south MS so body weights were only 130 to 160 pounds. But I have been very pleased with their performance.

#7 LSU

Posted 04 December 2011 - 01:08 PM

Jeff, that's prob the main thing for no pass through... He was about 125 yards and walking. As I shot, he turned and the bullet entered just in front of the hind quarter and torn up ALL his insides! But 0 blood from entrance hole and none from mouth or nose either. Hopefully I'll get a "perfect" opportunity to see results on another deer. ;)
GEAUX TIGERS!!!

#8 LeeRow

Posted 04 December 2011 - 05:39 PM

I heard the same thing about no blood this weekend buddy of mine and his dad both shot deer with the same rifle and had same result
Happy Feet!!!!!! CHOOT EM!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted Image

#9 ronc

Posted 05 December 2011 - 05:28 AM

The buck I killed this morning, DIDN'T BLEED A SINGLE DROP!!! No blood from mouth or nose, no exit wound, NO BLOOD FROM ENTRANCE HOLE!!! He only went about 25 yards, though .. :)

What is your barrel length?

#10 LSU

Posted 05 December 2011 - 07:29 AM

What is your barrel length?

Whatever the Handi Rifles have ... 22" I think..
GEAUX TIGERS!!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Skin Designed By Evanescence at IBSkin.com