Photo
- - - - -

Leaving deer stands in woods in off season, legal or not???

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 RebYork

Posted 14 April 2017 - 06:44 AM

I hunt on private land and I have two ladder deer stands and a couple of ground blinds. I was told yesterday that it was illegal to leave your stands and ground blinds up after season is over. I've taken down one of my ground blinds and plan on getting the other one down as soon as I can get back to woods. I wasn't planning on taking my ladder stands down unless it's unlawful.  Can anyone help me out and let me know if this is true.  Thanks!

#2 umrebs

Posted 14 April 2017 - 07:35 AM

I hunt on private land and I have two ladder deer stands and a couple of ground blinds. I was told yesterday that it was illegal to leave your stands and ground blinds up after season is over. I've taken down one of my ground blinds and plan on getting the other one down as soon as I can get back to woods. I wasn't planning on taking my ladder stands down unless it's unlawful.  Can anyone help me out and let me know if this is true.  Thanks!

It is perfectly legal to leave your stands up year round on private land. 

#3 Nogo

Posted 14 April 2017 - 10:32 AM

If it is not a problem to take one down it can be wise to take stands down due to squirrels eating safety ropes etc. Also there are wasp nest problems and stuff like that when you leave them up year round.

Mississippi has no law regulating leaving them up at all except for those laws regulating their use on public land.

#4 Littlebuck

Posted 17 April 2017 - 09:36 AM

I take down my climbers but leave ladder stands up, I use ladder stands to get up in a couple of grand visions and a homemade tree lounge, I used them like lockons, can't sit in ladder stand very long and lot easier and quieter than climbing. The only reason I take the sitting part of climber down is just to get them  out of the weather during offseason,

#5 RT8

Posted 18 April 2017 - 12:55 PM

Theives are bad in my area, I sometimes go sit in my stands late in the evening with my rifle just to keep anyone from stealing them. 

#6 RT8

Posted 18 April 2017 - 12:55 PM

Theives are bad in my area, I sometimes go sit in my stands late in the evening with my rifle just to keep anyone from stealing them. 

#7 Littlebuck

Posted 18 April 2017 - 01:48 PM

Theives are bad in my area, I sometimes go sit in my stands late in the evening with my rifle just to keep anyone from stealing

heck

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Skin Designed By Evanescence at IBSkin.com