Photo

DRUM, TROUT, SHEEPSHEAD, REDS and one heck of a week fishing!!!

Shore Thing Charters charter fishing vacation Bay St Louis Mississippi Biloxi Gulfport red fish speckled trout fly fishing

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Capt Sonny Schindler

Posted 09 April 2017 - 07:47 AM

DSCN1013.JPG

IMG_6177.JPG

IMG_6179.JPGIMG_6178.JPG
blogger-image--813554621.jpg

IMG_6201.JPG

IMG_6176.JPGIMG_6168.JPG

IMG_6198.JPG

IMG_6202.JPGIMG_6200%2B%25281%2529.JPG

DSCN0984.JPGIMG_6175.JPG

DSCN0985.JPG

DSCN0989.JPGDSCN0987.JPG

DSCN0994.JPGDSCN0991.JPG

image2%2B%25284%2529.JPGimage1%2B%25283%2529.JPG

IMG_6158%2B%25281%2529.JPG

IMG_6172.JPGIMG_6171.JPG

IMG_6174.JPG
IMG_6163.JPGIMG_6159.JPG

DSCN0998.JPGDSCN0996.JPG

DSCN1000.JPGDSCN0999.JPG

DSCN1001.JPG

DSCN1004.JPG

DSCN1006.JPGDSCN1005.JPG

DSCN1009.JPGDSCN1007.JPG

DSCN1010.JPG

DSCN1012.JPG

DSCN1014.JPG

DSCN1016.JPG

DSCN1017.JPG

IMG_6203.JPG

DSCN1019.JPG

Yowzah!!! Cant believe we were able to pull off some of these trips this past week, but we got it done. The winds seemed to be either non existent or howling the past few days. Some days we got treated to flat calm seas, and others we were only able fish right out in front of the dock. The customers were very flexible this week, and were cool with what ever mother nature would allow.
Think we only had one crew over in the LA Marsh, the rest of the trips were all run in MS Waters. Luckily the fish showed up, and we were able to put it all together. The rains earlier in the week had us worried. As soon as the weather man gave us the green light, we were right back on the water. With the boats scattered from Pass Christian to Bayou Caddy, we were able to get back on the fish and keep the customers smiling.
Me and Capt Matt did stay out late(9pm) Wednesday night. John Marquez was putting on a fish talk of sorts at the Gulfport Yacht Club, and invited us. Capt Matt brought all kinds of fishing gear from his tackle store(Brush Island Outfitters) in Pass Christian. I brought a couple of rigged rods to show what tactics we use through out the year. I gotta say, it was the fishing event of the season. A virtual who's who in the fishing world. Dr Don Gaddy(Cat Island), Frank and Britney Wilem (Gulf South Outdoors), Dr Trey Sutton(cobia slayer) and many more fish catching faces were in the room. It was a very laid back event, but very fun. My lovely wife Stephanie even joined us. Thanks for the invite GPYC! Very fun crowd, Matt and I had a great time, and the food was incredible!
The mighty Capt Matt has been putting up some big numbers this week. Pretty sure his boat did the best on the sparkle trout. Matt has been working mostly off of the dropper rigs. Normally this is not a big deal, but fishing these rocks and snags on a bottom rig, is truly an art form. Capt Kenny has also had some whopper hauls this week on the sheepshead, drum, reds and trout. Not a stranger to the dropper rigs, Capt Kenny has been putting his Boat Monkey popping corks to work. I fished next to Kenny earlier in the week. He was fishing two ladies, celebrating a birthday. It was difficult to fish close to his crew. Still not sure what he was doing different from us, but we got schooled in the "Boat Monkey Battle". They easily out fished us on red fish 4 to 1 on the cork rigs.
We even had two boats out Thursday, or as we are called it, "Tropical Storm Thursday". Kenny fished the morning, I fished the afternoon and winds were screaming. Pretty funny day, because when Kenny and I talked the next day, we quickly realized we had both fished the same exact spot. Great minds think alike or misery loves company. What ever theme we are going with, it paid off for both boats. Tucked up behind some rocks, we were able to put both crews on a big pile of sheeps, reds, drum and big sea monsters. It was windy, but we were completely protected. It was reallyfun as all get out!!!
The majority of what we have been doing has been on the reefs and bridges. I don't think we can even estimate how many hooks, weights, and swivels we have donated to the rocks this week. Fishing on these structures, "you gotta pay to play". It has all been worth it though. The Big sea monster black drum have been such a welcome treat. We are seeing more and more red fish. The sheepshead have still been in good numbers too. The trout fishing was getting very good before the big rains, and they have still been around. Seemed like it got better and better as the week went on. A couple more days of south east winds, and things should be fine in no time.
I was in the LA Marsh on Saturday. It was supposed to be a fly fishing trip, but the conditions were not very conducive. The winds were not bad at all, it was blue bird skies, but the water was chocolate milk. Had Mr Jim and his son in law Patrick. We were gonna try and find the reds with the live shrimp and cocahoes. Once we found a few fish, the plan was to blind cast the flies. We did find a mess of nice reds, but our plans quickly changed. Patrick was having too much fun to pick up the fly rod, and Jim was content to let him enjoy himself. My man Jim was such a good sport, he even let Patrick pick off the only red we saw sight fishing. Cool dude.

****SHORE THING FISHING CHARTERS**** 

ESTABLISHED IN 2003. The Largest inshore fishing company on the Mississippi Gulf Coast. Specializing in speckled trout, redfish, flounder, tripletail, black drum and more! We fish the Louisiana Marsh, the Mississippi Barrier Islands and many other areas. Our full-time fishing guides are extremely knowledgeable, courteous, and professional. We have many boats available - small and large groups are welcome. Anglers under the age of 13 fish for FREE! All of our boats and guides are licensed to fish in Mississippi and Louisiana. We supply rods, reels, tackle, snacks, drinks, ice, fuel, bait, and fun. No charge for fish cleaning and bagging. Be sure and ask about our all inclusive overnight fishing packages to the Cat Island House. www.shorethingcharters.com or 228-342-2206. Check out our Youtube videos: 

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Shore Thing Charters, charter fishing, vacation, Bay St Louis, Mississippi, Biloxi, Gulfport, red fish, speckled trout, fly fishing

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Skin Designed By Evanescence at IBSkin.com