Photo

Looking for best fox squirrel hunting WMA's

squirrel fox squirrel hunting

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Big8Lodge

Posted 08 October 2015 - 12:43 PM

I am looking for a WMA that has great fox squirrel hunting.  Growing up my father always carried me to Yazoo NWR for squirrel hunting and we always had good luck.  It has been a long time since I have been in the area.  I would like to know if someone had experience around that same place and where to go.  I would like to give my son that great experience i had as a young boy.  If anyone could direct me to a good location in that area it would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,

Jeff

#2 RT8

Posted 08 October 2015 - 01:30 PM

I don't know anythjing about Yazoo NWR...

But, Sunflower, Twin Oaks, and Mahana WMAs are all loaded with fox squirrels, with a whole lot of them being black.  "Anywhere" is about as good as anywhere else.  They all get hunted a lot. 

Also may try (use a map) other areas on the Delta National Forest...if you can find smaller blocks of woods with lots of private land borders, you're more likely to find a place that Doesn't get hunted with squirrel dogs every weekend. 

#3 kjb

Posted 08 October 2015 - 01:37 PM

On Yazoo, in the very back of Swan Lake would be a great place. Lot's of scattered oaks and cypress. I hunt Sunflower a good bit. It's a great place to get a black squirrel. It does get hunted a lot. I am supposed to be there Saturday and Sunday but don't know now. Seems one of my workers has gotten sick. Just my luck though. Had this trip planned for two months.

#4 Snapper Commander

Posted 08 October 2015 - 05:24 PM

Anything on a wma is gunna need a good dog!

camogirl's #1 fan

#5 kjb

Posted 12 October 2015 - 06:29 AM

squirrel%20kill.png

Had us a fair morning in a Delta WMA! That was most of them! A couple accidentally missed the pic!!!!!

squirrel%20cooking.png

Cleaned and cooked! A very good meal too!!!!!!!

#6 Big Kahuna

Posted 12 October 2015 - 11:12 AM

squirrel%20kill.png

Had us a fair morning in a Delta WMA! That was most of them! A couple accidentally missed the pic!!!!!

squirrel%20cooking.png

Cleaned and cooked! A very good meal too!!!!!!!

kjb. it doesn't get any better than that!  Good job buddy!  now, you got to knock some ole "buckdeeras" down this year!  Good luck and great job on the squirrel harvest!  Looks like the rewards were- Tasty! :mosh:

• kjb likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Skin Designed By Evanescence at IBSkin.com