Photo
- - - - -

Vegetable Gardens

11 replies to this topic

#11 randywallace

Posted 24 February 2015 - 08:19 AM

I saw you mentioned melons and having to weed them. There is a better way for small areas. It is basically no-till watermelon. As soon as it warms up enough for grass to grow stake off an area and burn it down with herbicide. Use a post hole digger to open a small hole and loosen the soil. Plant your seeds and firm the soil back up. Once they get up good toss them some miracle grow. I grew 30± nice watermelons in a 20x20 with only 5 or 6 holes dug. If the vine tries to run out of the area you want them in just pick up the end and move it back toward the middle.

"Nice looking snapper. Never had any." GreenJeans 26 Jun 2013 - 9:36 PM

"One man along can be pretty dumb sometimes, but for real bona fide stupidity, ain't nothin' can beat teamwork-" Tango Down 14 Aug 2014 - 1:10 PM

#12 Brokeback

Posted 24 February 2015 - 09:19 AM

I saw you mentioned melons and having to weed them. There is a better way for small areas. It is basically no-till watermelon. As soon as it warms up enough for grass to grow stake off an area and burn it down with herbicide. Use a post hole digger to open a small hole and loosen the soil. Plant your seeds and firm the soil back up. Once they get up good toss them some miracle grow. I grew 30± nice watermelons in a 20x20 with only 5 or 6 holes dug. If the vine tries to run out of the area you want them in just pick up the end and move it back toward the middle.

that's kind of what i used to do. i just dont think i have the space now that i moved to the burbs. peas were what really annoyed me. but i think you can grow them vertically so i might try that some time.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Skin Designed By Evanescence at IBSkin.com