Photo

Roosevelt State Park Fishing

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 preachermatt83

Posted 10 February 2015 - 11:34 AM

Anyone got any updates on the fishing here. It has been YEARS since I have fished here. Crappie ? Catfish? Any spots best to try from the bank?

Thanks

Preachermatt!

#2 Big Kahuna

Posted 10 February 2015 - 11:53 AM

Preachermatt83, I haven't heard any reports from there as of yet, BUT, if you intend to catch some crappie, try ole Rebel4ever's "crappie salad" and when it's ready-give us a call!  :D

B/K

#3 preachermatt83

Posted 12 February 2015 - 01:22 PM

haven't been on the site in a while kahuna.. gonna have to fill me in.

#4 Big Kahuna

Posted 12 February 2015 - 01:57 PM

haven't been on the site in a while kahuna.. gonna have to fill me in.

I hear ya brother! I've been kinda busy for the last month or so myself!  Look in the "Recipe Section" where Rebel4ever posted his delicacy of crappie salad and you can see it!   I've got some friends that live in Morton, but I haven't talked to them in a while about Roosevelt!  When I hear of know anything about the fishing, I'll be sure to let ya know!  Good to have ya back too!  Don't stay away so long! :D

#5 Bass Assassin

Posted 30 June 2015 - 10:40 AM

For bream go to the primitive camping. For catfish pretty much anywhere but I caught more near the camping/pool area side. They dump a bunch of cats in each year for a fishing rodeo for kids. Bass have always been small here at least for the last 5 years. Very few crappie exist. This lake needs a good management plan to produce any more wall hangers like the 12 lb bass on the office wall caught in 2001. The biggest bass I've caught here was about 3.5 lbs back in 2006.

#6 Bass Assassin

Posted 30 June 2015 - 10:40 AM

For bream go to the primitive camping. For catfish pretty much anywhere but I caught more near the camping/pool area side. They dump a bunch of cats in each year for a fishing rodeo for kids. Bass have always been small here at least for the last 5 years. Very few crappie exist. This lake needs a good management plan to produce any more wall hangers like the 12 lb bass on the office wall caught in 2001. The biggest bass I've caught here was about 3.5 lbs back in 2006.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Skin Designed By Evanescence at IBSkin.com