Photo

Gunsmith reccomendation (Jackson area)

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#1 Nail

Posted 14 October 2013 - 12:56 PM

Not for me but a guy on another site. Has a Winchester 1887 12ga. (at least I think it is) needing some love. Lever is stuck.
What about guns? When do we get guns?

#2 Stalker

Posted 14 October 2013 - 01:21 PM

I have a friend that works at Swans Gun Repair in Jackson. They are near Jackson Academy.

#3 Scott_

Posted 14 October 2013 - 03:06 PM

Billy Tierce near Utica. You can look up his number on the web. Really good guy and a great gunsmith.

#4 Trudy.Blue

Posted 14 October 2013 - 04:17 PM

My good friend's dad owns Swan's in Jackson. Nice guy. I'd go there.

"Women never look so well as when one comes in wet and dirty from hunting." - R.S. Surtees
"I figure if a girl wants to be a legend, she should go ahead and be one." - Calamity Jane

#5 Nail

Posted 14 October 2013 - 05:56 PM

Thanks...I'll pass along the information.
What about guns? When do we get guns?

#6 Scott_

Posted 14 October 2013 - 06:01 PM

Actually Mr. Billy Tierce once told me he does some gun work for Swan's. Your gun may end up with him anyway.

#7 CSTROUD

Posted 14 October 2013 - 06:08 PM

a lot of the shops around Jackson send their work to billy tierce, problem is he has a slow turn around time this time of year

I'm trying to see things from your point of view, problem is there's only room for one head in your ass.

#8 Scott_

Posted 14 October 2013 - 06:41 PM

a lot of the shops around Jackson send their work to billy tierce, problem is he has a slow turn around time this time of year

Yeah I knew that. He closes his shop down one day per week (used to be Tuesday or Wednesday I believe) to make his rounds to all the gun shops in Jackson and surrounding areas for gun pickups.

#9 Snapper Commander

Posted 20 October 2013 - 07:32 PM

billy does do pretty good work... BUT I don't recommend letting him do a trigger job.   I won't name the member here but he had a rem 700 223 that had a trigger job done by him.  The rifle would sometimes fire when you load a round into the chamber and close the bolt.  It now has one of my old factory triggers and its fine. 

camogirl's #1 fan

#10 CSTROUD

Posted 20 October 2013 - 09:14 PM

billy does do pretty good work... BUT I don't recommend letting him do a trigger job.   I won't name the member here but he had a rem 700 223 that had a trigger job done by him.  The rifle would sometimes fire when you load a round into the chamber and close the bolt.  It now has one of my old factory triggers and its fine. 

Incorrect sir.

I'm trying to see things from your point of view, problem is there's only room for one head in your ass.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Skin Designed By Evanescence at IBSkin.com